Football

La Liga champions, Barcelona chasing Villarreal star

FC Barcelona have reportedly stepped up their interest in Alberto Moleiro as the Catalan giants continue their search for a new left winger ahead of the summer transfer window. 

The Villarreal star has emerged as one of the latest names on Barcelona’s shortlist amid growing uncertainty surrounding the long-term future of Marcus Rashford at the club.

According to reports in Spain, Barcelona recently made contact with Moleiro’s representatives to discuss the possibility of a future transfer. 

Club officials are said to be long-time admirers of the 22-year-old, having first attempted to sign him during his time at UD Las Palmas before he eventually joined Villarreal CF last summer.

Moleiro has enjoyed an impressive debut season at Villarreal, quickly establishing himself as one of the standout young attacking players in La Liga. 

The Spanish playmaker has contributed 10 goals and five assists in all competitions, performances that have reportedly strengthened Barcelona’s belief that he could become a key player for the club in the future.

The report also claims that Moleiro is a lifelong Barcelona supporter and has previously spoken publicly about his dream of wearing the Blaugrana shirt one day. 

Villarreal are understood to be aware of the player’s admiration for Barcelona, although the club are reluctant to lose one of their most influential performers after only one season at La Cerámica.

Moleiro currently has a reported €50 million release clause in his contract, but Barcelona may have a potential advantage in negotiations. 

Villarreal are said to have a private understanding with the player that they would consider accepting a lower fee, specifically if Barcelona decide to make an official approach for him in the future.

Despite the growing interest, Barcelona’s immediate transfer priorities are believed to focus on signing a new centre-back and striker before targeting another winger. 

As a result, a move for Moleiro this summer appears unlikely unless circumstances change dramatically, with the Catalan club potentially delaying any serious attempt to sign the Spain youth international until 2027.

Related Post
Share
Published by
DaFa._.NeWs

Recent Posts

McGregor to make comeback against Holloway at UFC 329

Conor McGregor will return to the UFC on July 11, ending a five-year absence from… Read More

May 18, 2026

Chelsea confirms Xabi Alonso as new manager

Xabi Alonso has been appointed as the new manager of Chelsea on a four-year contract… Read More

May 18, 2026

Neuer sidelined by calf Injury ahead of Cup final

Bayern Munich captain and veteran goalkeeper Manuel Neuer has been ruled out of full training… Read More

May 18, 2026

Napoli secure Champions League spot

Napoli will be participating in the Champions League for next season after sweeping Pisa aside… Read More

May 18, 2026

Mbappe Returns in Style as Real Madrid Edge Sevilla Away

Kylian Mbappé made an instant impact on his return to Real Madrid’s starting line-up as… Read More

May 18, 2026

Pistons Lose Duncan Robinson for Crucial Game 5 Against Cavaliers

The Detroit Pistons suffered a significant setback ahead of Game 5 of their Eastern Conference… Read More

May 15, 2026