YouTuber Jake Paul has announced that his next match would be against former UFC fighter, Nate Diaz. The fight, which would mark Paul’s second fight this year, is slated for August 5 and would take place in Dallas, Texas.
Fury would be going to the fight after recording his first professional loss back in February in the hands of Tommy Fury. He now has a professional record of one loss from seven matches, but the 26-year-old does not appear to be bothered about that.
According to him, the loss was necessary as it has caused him to become focused more than ever. He said: “My last fight didn’t end the way I wanted. But the result was the best thing that could have happened to my professional boxing aspirations.
“Now, the world thinks I am vulnerable when all I am is more focused than ever.”
He also addressed rumours that he might face Fury for a rematch next or fight fellow YouTuber and boxer, KSI next. But Paul has opted for a greater challenge, choosing to fight Diaz instead.
Diaz (MMA 21-13) would be fighting his first professional boxing match when he faces Paul this August. The 37-year-old left the UFC after his contract came to an end last year, exiting the sport with a thrilling submission win over Tony Ferguson. Now, Diaz is ready to bring the action to boxing, and he feels Paul would be the perfect man to kick things with.
The American said: “Besides Canelo, he [Paul] is the biggest thang in boxing. I’m here to conquer that. I’m the King of combat sports, and then I’m headed back to get my UFC belts.”
So this means that the match with Paul might be sort of a side mission for Diaz as he would return to the UFC once that is over.