Join Dafanews today and get to enjoy our Free to Play Games.
  • Coming Soon!

  • Coming Soon!

  • Join Dafanews

    Create Account

    [ultimatemember form_id=12362]

    Welcome, !

    You have successfully created your account. You can now enjoy our FREE TO PLAY GAMES

  • Coming Soon!

  • Coming Soon!

  • Play Now Play Now

    Welcome, !

    You have successfully created your account. You can now enjoy our FREE TO PLAY GAMES or access our wide range of DAFABET products

  • Coming Soon!

  • Coming Soon!

  • Can't Login?

    Coming Soon!

    Coming Soon!

    Woods Tackles LIV Golf, Agrees With Decision To Block Norman From St. Andrews

    Golf   |   July 13, 2022

     

    Former world number one, Tiger Woods, has expressed his opinion towards the LIV Golf Invitational, as he disagreed with players leaving the PGA Tour for the new league.

    Woods made his opinion known at St Andrews ahead of the 150th Open Championship, which begins this week. He also backed the decision of the organisers of the event not to invite former golf champion, Greg Norman to St Andrews in preparation for the event. Norman is the face of the LIV Golf Invitational and has been very vocal against the decision of the PGA Tour not to allow their players to compete in the new league.

    While speaking at a press conference in St Andrews, Woods said that players who had left the PGA Tour for the LIV Golf had turned their backs against what made them, adding that they may never get the chance to compete in major championships again: “I think that what they (the players) have done is they’ve turned their back on what has allowed them to get to this position.

    “Some of these players may not ever get a chance to play in major championships. That is a possibility. We don’t know that for sure yet. It’s up to all the major championship bodies to make that determination.”

    What Woods has said is not far-fetched. The actions of the PGA towards players who left for the LIV Invitational has shown that they would go to any lengths to make sure that players who leave would enjoy nothing of the old tour or leagues again. Although, how long this would last is currently not known.

    Woods also tackled Norman, who has been instrumental in pushing players out of the PGA, as he supported the decision to exclude him from Monday’s Celebration of Champions event or attend Tuesday’s Champions’ Dinner. He said, “Greg has done some things that I don’t think is in the best interest of our game, and we’re coming back to probably the most historic and traditional place in our sport. I believe it’s the right thing.”

    The 46-year-old, who is still recovering from an accident from last year, would compete with some of the top-ranked players this week at St Andrews in one of golf’s most prestigious events.

     

    Written by: Leon Osamor

    ×
    Embed Code